Sunday, 1 July 2007

Bookends


















I have grown to dark things
farther from the unusual and usual palettes
of light and shadows.
I do not have any use for them now.

A tide to some broken things,
Some singed, some unmade
They keep my rhythm amidst their
forgotten songs.

I have come to live with common things
That I observe and overflow by
Things that have forgotten their place
And their pasts. Things that stay but do not belong.

And I have learnt to be apart of tragic things
the paths from darkness to light
that do not lead to familiar truths
no more than what cobbled stones permit
no more than what I am ready to forget.

@ Thankyou Abhra da:)

4 comments:

Blogger said...

This one is really nice! Reminds me of some "Hidden Secrets"

Arindam Roy said...

The journey from darkness to light is the most enchanting. The essence of light is due to darkness.
Dont know which one I liked more, the write-up or the pic.
But I liked your style of writing.

just bhaat said...

beautiful writing and love the pic.

Unknown said...

This is a beautiful piece that would stir our inner chords and compel us to a better future towards light."no more familiar truth...." well is light is about avoiding the difficult truth of ones life and surrounding ???i don't think so . i think it is more important to accept the truth and have a new outlook for those familiar truths , which disturbed me before. yesterday was all about what happened and today we can defined and refocuss into those truths,which gave us pain and now each have a new version of the same "truth".

i loved ur writing and pic . hope to see some more in future